- Open Google API Console. If you don't have a project in your Google Cloud subscription, you'll need to create one before proceeding further. Under Dashboard pane, select Enable APIS and Services.
- In the search box, type calendar and select the Google Calendar API search result.
- Enable the selected API.
- Next, select OAuth consent screen from the side pane. Select the app app type (Internal or External) and enter the basic app details on the first page.
- In the second page on Scopes, select Add or Remove Scopes. Search for Calendar.event and select the scope with scope value
.../auth/calendar.events and select Update.
- Next, under Test Users, add the Google account(s) you'll using. Make sure the details are correct on the last page of the wizard and your consent screen will be configured.
- Now select Credentials from the side pane and then select Create Credentials. Select the OAuth Client ID option.
- Select Web Application as the Application Type.
- Under Authorized redirect URI's, select Add URI and then add the URI
<CALENDSO URL>/api/integrations/googlecalendar/callback replacing CALENDSO URL with the URI at which your application runs.
- The key will be created and you will be redirected back to the Credentials page. Select the newly generated client ID under OAuth 2.0 Client IDs.
- Select Download JSON. Copy the contents of this file and paste the entire JSON string in the .env file as the value for GOOGLE_API_CREDENTIALS key.